Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Summer Plans

As some of you might already know, I'm in the middle of getting everything ready for my summer vacation - I'm leaving this saturday.
What first started off as a forced "vacation" [my student visa expires and I was told I had to leave the US 2 weeks after I was done with school], quickly turned in to what looks like a pretty amazing summer ahead of me.
First I'm heading to Germany. Düsseldorf to visit my dad, followed by Munich and Berlin, to visit some of the most important ladies in my life.
Germany is followed by Spain, so it's back to my roots (this is where I grew up) and spending some time with my mom.
Spain is followed by Norway: back to my boyfriends roots, visiting his extended family.
After Norway we're heading back to Spain, where we have to sort out all our paperwork for the US.
We've been working our butts off, struggling with papers, contracts, timelines, translations, etc. I don't know if any of you have ever been in a situation where your choices for your future aren't really your choices. It's not much fun, let me tell you. It's been hard enough to try to figure out if we want to spend the next years of our lives in the US (we've been living here for the past 3 years), but even if we had that part clear, it's still not really our decision to make. It's the USCIS, who decides if you can stay or not.
What I'm saying is - I really deserve this vacation :) I earned it.
You might have noticed that I have no return flight. Well, that just sums up how I've been living the past year: going with the flow.
If everything works out, we'll be back in Los Angeles sometime in August. If it doesn't, we'll be back anyways to pick up all our belongings and I'll be offering you my NIMO. jewelry from Europe. A big shout out for the WorldWideWeb!
Life's an adventure - better enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment