Wednesday, June 9, 2010

EAT.

{Ruth's Curry Garbanzo Salad}
Remember how I said I loved summer food? Well, here is another reason: my mom's curry chickpea salad - yum!
It's really easy to make and it tastes absolutely delicious. It's best after a couple of hours in the fridge, somehow that gives it time for the curry flavor to unfold.

Ingredients:
1 can of tuna
1 can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
2 tablespoons of greek nonfat plain yogurt
2 tablespoons of light mayonaise
juice of half a lemon
curry powder, salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:
Mix the yogurt and mayonaise in a large salad bowl. Add curry powder (about a teaspoon), lemon juice and salt and pepper. Mix.
Stir in the tuna.
Drain and wash the garbanzo beans with a lot of water (so you get rid of the can flavor - yuck!).
Add them to the mix and that's it!
(I had some organic cauliflower that needed to be eaten asap, so I just steamed it, drained it under cold water and added it to the mix, too).
Put the salad in the fridge and be ready for a feast in a couple of hours.

Tip: I made way too much dressing, so I saved some and used it as a curry spread for sandwiches - it adds a great kick to turkey or chicken sandwiches!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you shared this - I'll be making it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...who would have thought that my tuna-curry-salad
    ends up in your blog..... thanks, I am flattered... xxx

    ReplyDelete